Monday, March 12, 2012

Meet the Sluggos!


Sluggo was a huge disaster to get made. I originally made baby sluggo, only to have a painting fall on him and break him. Before seeing how bad he was damaged, I went directly into the studio and made a much bigger version. During the firing the bigger piece was still wet in the kiln and most of the front and her underside blew up. I ended up epoxying about 150 pieces together and filling in the rest to fix her but there was still a pretty ugly seam down the middle. To hide this I made a bunch of butterflies and added them to cover up the seam. When I checked on the original piece it turned out that it only had a few broken pieces, all of which were easy to glue back together and are well concealed now. So a total disaster. A wonderful, adorable, successful disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment