Saturday, February 18, 2012

Artist Statement

Love. Loss. Regret.
These three emotions inspired all of the pieces that are on this site.
Although I am never sure where my emotions will take me, the human form, whether realistic or abstract, tells a story that is open to interpretation by the viewer. My monsters are apt to be lovable, my creatures whimsical and my torsos missing limbs, but all expose a part of myself I can reveal only in clay and pencil. Perhaps it is my humble attempt to make scary things less frightening and bodies more intriguing, element by element. What I do know for sure is that my art is a work in progress.
It is through my desires that I have always been able to express my true self. It is through my struggles that I have always had the need to create. It is through my remorse that I feel the need to redeem myself. And it is my hope that by doing this, I will find release from some of these emotions.
I would like to thank you all for viewing my blog page. I appreciate feedback and would love to hear your thoughts or questions about my work. If you would like to purchase a copy of my book, you can do so by going to blurb.com and searching for it in their online bookstore.
- Joshua Margolis

No comments:

Post a Comment